Thursday, January 21, 2010

An unintentional mild cheat day

Today was a super long work day. Super. Long. And not having been to the box since Tuesday is driving me crazy.

I have been sleeping lots (8-9 hours) the last couple of days. I think my body has been dying for recovery. I heard Robb Wolf mentioned on one of his podcasts that sometimes, you just need 3 weeks on, 1 week off. I guess I don't feel so bad but I'm dying to work out too. Sadly, my hip is not 100%... I tried to pull my chair in with my leg and I felt some pain.

Today was an unintentional mild cheat day because I did not eat well and not really on purpose. I was cooped up in a team room all day working to meet deadlines. Lunch was pushed back and the smell of other people's foods tempted me to have a bite of this and that because I was too hungry. It could have been worse but I made the best of the situation.

Breakfast @ 8am: 1 crabcake, 1 fried egg, some apple-pear with sunbutter, 1 espresso
Morning snacking from 11am-1pm: nuts and dried cranberries/cherries
Lunch @ 2pm: Panera chicken cobb salad (subbed balsamic dressing, scraped off gorgonzola), cup of "creamy" tomato soup, ate some of the fresh crusty bread (I just couldn't help myself and it was delicious)
Snack @ 5pm: homemade paleo kit
Dinner @ 8pm: Townhouse halibut piccata (subbed broccolini for mashed potatoes), ate two bites of a delicious lemon risotto

I'm wiped. I need to sleep. Hoping to make it to the box to do something tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment