Friday, January 22, 2010

Dealing with frustration

It's been a long week at work and I'm just so happy it's Friday even though I have to work some this weekend. I get to relax and not think about work for maybe a day! YAY!

I was determined to get a WOD in today even though my hip still hurts. It hurt going down stairs which is not good. It's getting better but recovery is just so frickin slow. I just want to do the WODs just like everyone else! I just have to be patient...

WOD:
Bench press 5-5-5+: 56-64-73(5)
- I have not seen ANY improvement with this at all. The last set felt heavy. Barely eeked out that last rep... even Alex thought I wasn't going to make it.

3x max pushups: 16+8+5=29
- Felt a little tingly in left elbow... must be from leaning on it while typing. I also feel stalled on pushup improvement. The 3x max has ranged from 27 to 31 total. Can't seem to get to 20 in the first set without it destroying my next two sets.

Metcon:
21-15-9 SDHP / PP (40% of 1RM Press) + 500m row

Mod Metcon:
21-15-9 Jumping pullups / PP @ 30# + 75 double unders
5:38
- Jumping pullups and PPs were pretty quick and unbroken. My arms were almost dead when I got to that rope and I was impatient with getting on a roll. Even Bryce saw me missing SINGLE unders which is RIDICULOUS. After I got on a roll, I was stringing 5+ together which got me through. Didn't stand up straight enough. Extremely inefficient pullups today.

Breakfast @ 8am: radishes w/ sunbutter, 1 crabcake, 1 hard-boiled egg, some zucchini and yellow squash, 1 espresso
Mid-morning: 1 matcha green tea
Lunch @ noon: pork with green beans (I found it in the freezer... must have made it a while ago) and butternut squash soup
Snack @ 4pm: homemade paleo kit
Dinner @ 8pm: steak with sauteed brussel sprouts, bok choy, and green onions with some celeriac puree

Might have a snack before bed... feeling hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment