Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I need new pants!!

I woke up this morning and my traps were KILLING me so much I decided to rest. Might have been from the cleans or handstand negatives but I'm not too sure. I woke up in time to go to the 6am but decided it was smarter to rest... considering the metcon had HSPUs in it. That and my work-induced bum wrist probably wouldn't have liked the HSPUs much either.

My hip flexor is still sore so squat jumps would not have been appropriate. I also seemed to have pulled something else on my right leg... sigh... falling apart...

Instead, I ended up with 9 hours of sleep (as recommended by Robb Wolf) and still felt pretty sore the whole day. I wonder if these nightshades are hurting my recovery. I've been eating a fair amount of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant... which is more than my old diet. I don't really know what's causing this slow recovery or reinjuries. Perhaps I have muscles around joints issues? Does anyone know of a way to prevent that? I remember something about how glucosamine might help but I don't know if it really does.

Anyway, after all that, I put on work pants this morning and they felt baggy. Maybe I really am down another size after all! That means I need to get pants this weekend before I fly to Omaha next week to work at a client site. Being down another size makes me really happy. I bet I'm fitter and stronger than I was in high school (and I did track and badminton in high school)!

Breakfast @ 8:30am: Some sunbutter, 1 banana, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 espresso
Lunch @ 12:30pm: Ground grass-fed beef with eggplant, yellow squash, tomato, green pepper ratatouille on a bed of spiral cut carrots and zucchini
Snack @ 4:30pm: homemade paleo kit
Dinner @ 7:30pm: Chicken curry with caramelized carrots and eggplant

2 comments:

  1. You should get pants with the elastic waists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Donna! Now, Let's work on getting that hip 100% again.

    ReplyDelete