Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crossfit means a lot to me

This morning's 6am WOD just wasn't as bad as I was expecting though we'll see what happens as time wears on. I have to admit that nothing inspires me to get up at 5:15am more than crossfit does (and nothing, so far, has successfully made getting up so early a habit for me). Since I "eased" into crossfit more than 4 months ago (I started at 3x a week), I never thought I could do anything like this. Every day I learn something new, whether it be about a movement, my limits, or my approach to life. The path from effort to reward is much clearer than in many aspects of life and the journey is exciting, pain included.

2K row this morning as part of Paleo+ challenge. 9:14.7 was not a time I was happy with... I had hoped I could at least do sub-9. Oh well, lots to work on, with efficient pulls being a top priority. Must practice.

Pre-WOD: Trio bar
Breakfast (8:30am): Eggs, bacon (eating up what's left), Americano (black). Boy that bacon was salty... never bothered me before (this stuff is working).
Mid-morning snack: Handful of almonds, cashews, and pecans. One chocolate-covered dried cherry (ugh I know I know).
Lunch (noon): homemade "ratatouille" with ground grass-fed beef (see JJ's post for pic)
Snack (4pm): clementine and homemade paleo kit (grass-fed beef jerky, dried fruit w/ no added sugar, nuts)
Dinner (7:30pm): homemade bolognese sauce w/ spaghetti squash and three Tallgrass grass-fed beef meatballs

4 comments:

  1. Watch the stick guy video over and over on my blog and I promise it will help you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to you for getting up so early. For most, bringing the energy and intensity at such an early hour is too much. Some people are programmed differently and they can excel in the morning. What CrossFit will teach us is to be constantly varied ... to excel in a variety of elements and domains. So we should be able to bring it to a 6AM class, at an altitude of 3000ft, 70 degrees indoors, as well as a 6pm class at sea level, 85 degrees, outside with 80% humidity and a 15mph wind. Crazy stuff huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm so glad you're getting so much out of CrossFit!! Chris posted an AWESOME article
    on his blog about CrossFit - super inspirational (http://letsgetnasty.blogspot.com/2010/01/paleo-begins-and-morning-reading.html). I think you'll love it, it's called What Else is Possible.

    Hope to see you soon - it's been too long and I miss your smiling face!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rudy - I'll keep at it for sure!
    Jonny - you're totally right! I'm not programmed for morning workouts but bringing what I got for 6am these days :)
    Kerry - thanks for the article, loved it! It's been forever! Can't wait for vball and skiing/snowboarding!
    Thanks for reading guys!

    ReplyDelete