Monday, January 18, 2010

Cranky at work

This morning, I woke up at 5:15am with the hopes of hitting the 6am class. After trying to roll out of bed, I decided to give my hip one more full rest day. I've at least isolated the movements that aggravate it. For example, lifting leg up hurts it. Squatting slow doesn't. Squatting fast does. So strange.

Throughout the day, I noticed how cranky I was at work. I got annoyed at things more easily and I feel like I complained more than usual... or maybe just more than last week. Getting the WODs done in the morning seems to have a positive effect on my day. I really need to make it tomorrow and do something... anything!

"Busy season" at work is in full swing and I feel like my old "work injuries" are back. I've mentioned my left wrist (which I decided to tape today) but I noticed a soreness in my right shoulder/arm. Like the kind of achiness that people talk about when the weather is changing. That has never bothered me so I'm not sure why it would now.

Also, today, I had one of THE WORST chocolate cravings ever. I asked 4 people at work to see if they had chocolate (dark chocolate to be exact) and thank goodness none of them had any. I resorted to my clementine and then a half hour later, my homemade paleo kit. Amy blogged about it today too and it sounds like the nuts (which contain magnesium) may have done the trick. I listened to Robb Wolf talk about magnesium too but can't remember exactly what the benefits are (re: episode 3).

Getting ready for bed soon so I can start off my day right with that 6am (and then JJ's crabcakes for breakfast... mmm totally can't wait!)

8:30am: 2 over-easy eggs, 2 strips of remaining Costco pre-cooked bacon, black Americano

12pm: Buffet from Market Creations in the Sears Tower. Had steamed sole, some hunan chicken or beef (broccoli, red peppers, celery), thai chicken skewer, more veggies

3pm: clementine to suppress chocolate craving. It didn't work so I drank an entire glass of water.

4pm: homemade paleo kit (this fixed the craving)

7pm: beet and fennel salad with lemon olive oil dressing; seared flank steak

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when work gets in the way of CF:) Hope you recover soon. BTW, you and JJ always have the most amazing meals. Seriously. Can Randy and I invite ourselves to eat with you one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete