Saturday, January 16, 2010

Snatch!

Pretty good Saturday :)
Today's WOD:
Back squats 5-3-1+: 125-142-158(4)
The first set felt heavy but by the time the last set rolled around, I felt pretty good. I think all those 6am workouts makes this 9am workout easier. Although I woke up about the same amount of time before the WOD so I don't know.
Maybe I was just happy to work out with Kerry and Megan again!

4 rounds of 5 power snatches @ 58# (75% of 1RM: 73#) / 10 burpees - 5:11
Felt great after this WOD! Burpees were unbroken! I think I have some sort of mental barrier with burpees. 10 in a row is fine but if you up that to 15 reps, they get broken up. Time to get over that mental hurdle! Snatches felt pretty decent even though I pressed half of it. Loved having Anthony to chase even though I knew I couldn't keep up... just kept thinking that I can't let him lap me again!

Green City Market trip afterwards with Megan, Kerry, and Mo. Bought some cremini mushrooms, beets, carrots, ground elk, and other goodies too. Don't go too late or they run out of stuff. We probably got there around 10:30am.
Tried the chef's demo braised rabbit (braised with apples and apple sauce). Side was pureed parsnips and rutabaga (probably with tons of butter and cream) with some olive oil and microgreens on top. Delicious!

We spent our evening cooking batches of stuff for the week. Here are some pics!
Cooking the carrots and butternut squash soup

Pureeing butternut squash soup with immersion blender

Roasted beets of all colours!


I had high hopes to go work out tomorrow but the hip I tweaked feels a little inflamed and I may have to lay off it. argh.

Pre-WOD: Trio bar
Post-WOD: 3/4 of a clementine (JJ had the other 1/4)

11am ish at Green City market: small coffee (I couldn't resist... put in a little half and half this morning), braised rabbit w/ apples and apple sauce, pureed parsnips and rutabaga (I'm sure there was a ton of butter and cream in there...)

1pm ish lunch at Calypso Cafe: gumbo (I scooped out as much rice as I could!), jerk marinated chicken breast, creole veggies (just ate the green beans), plaintains, light coleslaw (vinagrette, no mayo). Did not order their amazing key lime pie thanks to some serious will power (and the shame of having to post it if I ate it)!

6pm snack at home: sauteed pulled chicken (Costco chicken leftovers) and cremini mushrooms from the market. I made this to take advantage of the freshness and it was delicious! I sprinkled it with Costco no-salt organic seasoning. I highly recommend this seasoning to make your food delicious without having to buy 21 individual spices.


9pm dinner: homemade veal scallopine (dipped in egg and flaxseed meal, pan-fried in olive oil), roasted carrots, eggplant, butternut squash, homemade leek and daikon radish soup.



11:30pm snack: 1/2 glass of grass-fed whole milk

No comments:

Post a Comment