Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crossfit West Loop!

JJ and I decided to check out Crossfit West Loop today. The space is HUGE and this place will be amazing when it gets well-stocked. I'm sure the piano people upstairs are going to love us.

Today's WOD at CFWL

Back Squat: skipped due to hip
2x max deadhangs: Still don't have one yet but the negatives I worked on felt stronger than before. Try out alt grip next time.
1x max kipping pullups: 4. Felt weak today on these. I have been working on these quite a bit since I can't seem to do much else with the hip. Might think about resting a bit before attempting again.

Alt Metcon: JT (aka upper body killer)
21-15-9 of HSPUs / ring dips / push ups
11:00

HSPUs: pretty much unbroken through first round with 2 ab mats. I probably should have paced this in hindsight but I think I was too excited about doing this with 2 ab mats. When the 2nd round came around, I tried SO hard to stick with the 2 ab mats but my upper body was just so jacked from the ring dips and push ups that every time I went down to the 2 ab mats, my shoulders just refused to push me back up. I tried this 3 times before calling out to Kerry (thanks!) and asking for an additional ab mat. I just couldn't do any more using 2.

Ring dips: used flat clear band. Started with 10. Then sets of 5s. Second and third rounds were sets of 3s and 2s.

Push ups: When I got here the first round, I wanted so bad to do regular push ups but when I got chest to ground, I just couldn't get up. Tried twice before I finally gave in and did them on my knees. Even then they were like sets of 5 in the first round and sets of 2s and 3s in the remaining rounds.

This was probably one of the toughest WODs I have ever done. For all the ring dips / push up reps that I didn't get to lock out, I re-did them. Muscle fatigue was just ridiculous here but happy that I finally got this under my belt. I might be with JohnG on hating this WOD.

After the WOD, I rested a bit and wanted to get some cardio in. Goal at first was do double-unders until I could do 50 in a row. That goal quickly dropped to 20. I want to say I spent about 5 to 6 minutes doing double-unders and never made it to 20. The most I got was 17 before my arms were completely dead.

Breakfast @ 9:30am: 1 fried egg, shrimp with no-salt organic seasoning, sauteed spinach and peppers, crushed almonds, 1 americano

Light lunch #1 @ noonish: homemade chili (with chicken and beef) with pureed rutabaga (yum!)

Post-WOD @ 3:30pm: 1 clementine

Light lunch #2 @ 4:30pm: Chipotle salad (lettuce, chicken, fajita veggies, mild salsa, green salsa, guac)

Dinner @ 8:30pm: Half a slice of garlic bread with spicy marinara and 2 slices of pizza (one bleubird and one margherita) from Santullo's in Wicker Park. 1 Brooklyn Brewery Lager. A few sips of JJ's lo-cal Sprecher root beer.

Snack @ 12am: a few pieces of apple with sunbutter

Was supposed to go to The Bristol but they couldn't accommodate our large party of 9. Turned away from Mindy's Hot Chocolate too. Sad. I am one of the lucky ones and don't normally crave pizza... but if I were to cheat, I'd cheat with Santullo's pizza for sure!

1 comment:

  1. And turned away from Feast. And turned away from Longman & Eagle.

    ReplyDelete