Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A little less pain in the hip, a little more pain in the wrist...

I might just be minor-injury-prone or something... can't I go a week without pulling/hurting something? People at work always think they're joking when they ask me "what did you hurt while doing crossfit today"...
Wrist hurts today... either laptop keyboard or handstands maybe. I got an ergonomic keyboard today so hopefully that problem will resolve itself.
Nice to be able to do a WOD today even though I still can't do much with the hip.

This morning, I did yesterday's strength and today's WOD.
Press 5-5-5+: 43-49-56 (9). Felt solid.
15 Handstand negatives: these were kind of fun after you get over falling on your head. Nice to know that I can at least do the negatives on one ab mat.

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of HPC @ 63# and Ring dips.
HPCs were fast and felt good. Ring dips were pretty good too. Broke once in each of the 8, 7, 6, and 5 rounds.

Worked on some kipping pullups 5x5.

I'm back on the swing as to whether I should compete at Sectionals or not. I know I'm not training very hard and I don't really have much time to but I would love to just experience that atmosphere. If I can do a WOD un-scaled, great. If not, whatever. I'm not expecting much given the schedule... but then, the idea of competing at Sectionals still scares the hell out of me. Makes me nervous thinking about it. I might be last. I don't know. Think about it some more tomorrow... maybe the answer will just come to me (sleepy passive mode).

Pre WOD (5:30am): muscle milk light
Breakfast (8:30am): 1 of JJ's crabcakes, 1 sunnyside up egg, some veggies (zucchini, squash) with crushed almonds, 1 espresso
Mid-morning snack: handful of almonds and dried cranberries, 1 matcha green tea
Lunch (12:30pm): beef and chicken chili, roasted veggies (carrots, butternut squash, eggplant)
Mid-afternoon snack: handful of almonds and dried cranberries (I forgot paleo kit today)
Dinner (7:30pm): From Townhouse (work meal) - seared ahi tuna (covered in crushed peppercorns and salt), broccolini (I tasted butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment